Thursday, November 29, 2018
A high level business delegation of Pharmaceuticals Export Council of India , consisting of around 25 manufacturers of pharma and herbal products (including Ayurveda products, visited Kyiv,Ukraine.
A Buyer-Seller” meet was organized by Embassy of India,in co-operation with Ukranian Association Ayurveda-Yoga.
Representative of following organizations were present
- – Government regulatory bodies (State Enterprise “Scientific Centre for Preventive Toxicology, Food and Chemical Safety, Ministry of Health of Ukraine)
- – UNESCO (Director of the UNESCO Health Department, Ukraine)
- – Ukrainian Academy of Sciences,
- – State Enterprise “Ukrainian Institute of Intellectual Property”
- – Commercial organisations
- – Doctors and specialists.
Main aim of “UAAY” was to inform the participants the current and prospective of “Ayurveda and Yoga” in Ukraine. The present rules and regulations for Ayurveda products were describied.
A brief of basic requirements for labeling, the ways of introduction of the products to market, imports, types of violations in marketing of dietary supplements and sanctions was also presented.
What is the role of “UAAY” and how “UAAY” can assist in developing the Ayurveda and Yoga in Ukraine was also informed.
Head of the organization “UAAY” also thanked Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi to form a separate ministry of natural therapy that is know as ministry of AYUSH.
Honorary membership to Mr. Raghuveer Kini,Executive director of the Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil) and Dr. M.Murali Mohan, Attending doctor to Minister of AYUSH, was presented.